Monday, September 11, 2006

 

Back into the whirlwind

So it went like this ...

Passed through the ExpecTAtions easily, highlight being my giving a brief presentation that one student commented was "just like a lecture" (in a complimentary way, mind you.) Also good meeting my fellow TAs - there will be some fun people in my program this year.

Weekend was spent at a yoga intensive in Kitchener. Iyengar style, which is clearly not my favourite, but the sessions were with one of the world's more reputable teachers.

Got some "great" news on Saturday night that was so "great" that I had new grey hairs by the end of the evening. Let me just say that there is a special place in hell for those who chose to manipulate others that they are (or in this case, were) close to.

Today, though - whew!
- met most of the faculty in my department
- met all the students in my incoming class (Welcome BBQ)
- gave a tour of Uptown Waterloo for a few members of the incoming class
- got told I should run for the Man. Sci. Student Association (hehehe)
- got enrolled into my second Certificate in University Teaching course this semester (got special permission for that one - w00t!)
- found out I likely won't be able to pay my tuition in time, thus may get kicked out of school. Time to fight the good fight (again)
- cancelled my trip to Edmonton
- got told I was ranked highly as a potential TA for the other ManSci class I applied for (I can handle two TAships, methinks, but the department nixed it)
- dropped in on Imprint to say a few hellos
- dropped in on CBET to say a few hellos
- avoided a parking ticket
- am going to head out and be social soon with some new people from my department

... and generally had a good time. Cheaters aside.

Update: tuition payments have been taken care of! That was likely the easiest fight I've ever had to take care of on this campus.





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?