Thursday, September 07, 2006

 

And another thing to add

Last full day of work at Geoware yesterday, from now on I'm part-time!

Today and tomorrow are Teaching Assistant training through the Faculty of Engineering at UW. Most of it is pretty simple, but I have learned a few things:

- UW offers a Certificate in University Teaching (CUT), free courses for grad students! I've just enrolled in two of the classes for this semester...
- I will get paid four times monthly
- we had some fun, interactive presentation practices in our smaller tutorials. Most of the day is spent with about 250 people in one room, but the breakout sessions dropped out numbers down to about a dozen per tutorial. My session was led by my 603 professor, and he seems awesome

Also, Asia's been e-mailing me and it looks like I'll be teaching a few yoga classes this fall...

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?