Wednesday, August 16, 2006

 

Wednesday?

Hump day already? Where does the time go...

Having the house to myself doesn't just mean alone time, it means introspection time. Andrew time. And time to turn my music up reaalllllly loud, dance like nobody's watching, do some yoga, read until 3am, whichever.

Bagged off work yesterday (does anyone still use that saying?) to attend the Power of Ideas conference at UW. Sponsored by IST, LT3, OPD and various other acronyms, it attracted a variety of different presenters and attendees, but with a heavy focus on accessibility.

I attended because I was interested in podcasting (for lectures), e-Portfolios and other academic enhancements. Got some very good information in this vein, not to mention a great intro by a systems design prof. Man, do I wish I had gone into systems design. Maybe I'll sneak into some courses as part of my undergrad.

Many of the usual suspects were there: OPD staff, Student Life staff, the head of Counselling Services, even Ann Simpson of the SLC. Had a really nice chat with a psych PhD student (behavioural neuroscience) during our (free, excellent) lunch.

Otherwise, I'm relishing the time spent reading, quite avidly. Books on quantum computing, business, even some oldies-but-goodies (Ayn Rand) are stacked on my table at home, next to my (internetless) computer and drained wineglass...

I may miss my peace and quiet when I move out in two weeks, but then again, I'm (for the second time in my life) moving to a brand-new place and this time know that I'll be sharing it with a great housemate. In fact, maybe Jeff won't barely ever be there, workaholic that he is, so it will practically be like living on my own... hehehe.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?