Friday, August 18, 2006

 

Persistent Illumination

Now that the fall is taken care of, I can get on with life: expand beyond the horizons that university will offer me, and otherwise let this blog live up to its name again.

Starting with Bloor-Yorkville. For those who have never been to this trendy little area, it is an excellent hub of social activity tucked away just behind Bloor Street's numerous shops, just west of Yonge. Throughout the area, narrow alleyways are lined with restaurants, shops and boutiques; a 'park' and fountains allow the nightlife to temporarily settle in small pools as it eventually winds on its merry way; hanging flower baskets and soft lighting adorn the narrow streets. I went out for a walk with a new friend there, we got some sushi in a very crowded but otherwise excellent sushi place. Food was good and prices reasonable (though I understand that some eateries in the area are a bit pricier), all in all a great time.

I'd definitely say, if you're stuck in Toronto and want to either a) go on a date or b) just go somewhere with a refined nightlife, Bloor-Yorkville is the place to be.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?