Thursday, August 17, 2006

 

The fall, finally finalized

Living: ground floor unit of a beautiful, brand-new building halfway between work and school. I'll be sharing a 2-bedroom with Jeff Henry, no more student ghetto for either of us. The kitchen is gorgeous, so out will finally come my Williams Sonoma cookware. Walk-out patio, A/C included, two months free cable and internet, covered parking, friends in the building - I'm set.

Work: still Geoware, but part-time. 19 hrs/week: 10 in the office, 9 remotely. I've always wanted to work remotely, now's my chance. All I need is a BlackBerry...

School: Three grad courses, two first-year math courses. It will be my busiest semester, course-wise (future semesters will be down to two or three courses). Plus getting started on my thesis, which means switching to the MASc stream.

TAships: Head TA for ECON 220: Principles of Entrepreneurship - no tutorials but I will be supervising two Econ grad student TAs and two MBET grad student TAs. Plus we're looking at bringing the course into the 21st century, so podcasting and Eportfolios will likely be implemented - I'll get to take the lead on some of that, supposedly.

Also I'll be a TA for MSCI 211: Organizational Behaviour. Mostly I'm proud of this because I beat out senior grad students for one of the two TAships. It pays more (nearly double) than the Econ TAship, and I do have tutorials.

Entrepreneurial project: publication for UW, once per term, coordinating with the groups that form what they call the e-Council. I'll be both editorial and advertising lead at first, which will be fun (read: challenging).

All evenings: all mine!
Friday afternoons and weekends: still mine!

Will take bets (monetary included) against my going crazy by the end of the term.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?