Sunday, July 09, 2006
Social activity, weird social activity
In yet another weekend of "I manage to keep myself busy without having made any plans:"
- drank beer and played trivia with Neal on Thursday night
- Movie night at a friend's on Friday night. They do monthly get-togethers with varying themes. Friday's theme: vengeance. At first I thought it might be cathartic, but we watched Payback (silly) and Oldboy (deeply, deeply, deeply disturbing - don't ever see it). Otherwise it was good company, though.
- went to IKEA's summer sale (Burlington) on Saturday morning with Michelle. It was HUUUUUUUGE!
- Saturday afternoon nap. Better pleasures in life? Few.
- dropped in on the Waterloo Jazz Fest. Stuck around to hear some crooners, it was a good time. Had the briefest of conversations with an old ESQ workmate as I walked out the front gates. The conversation went like this:
"Andrew! How are you?"
"Fine, thanks"
"Really? Are you sure?"
...
What kind of question is that? I could guess, but I didn't stop to ask what it meant.
- drank beer and played trivia with Neal on Thursday night
- Movie night at a friend's on Friday night. They do monthly get-togethers with varying themes. Friday's theme: vengeance. At first I thought it might be cathartic, but we watched Payback (silly) and Oldboy (deeply, deeply, deeply disturbing - don't ever see it). Otherwise it was good company, though.
- went to IKEA's summer sale (Burlington) on Saturday morning with Michelle. It was HUUUUUUUGE!
- Saturday afternoon nap. Better pleasures in life? Few.
- dropped in on the Waterloo Jazz Fest. Stuck around to hear some crooners, it was a good time. Had the briefest of conversations with an old ESQ workmate as I walked out the front gates. The conversation went like this:
"Andrew! How are you?"
"Fine, thanks"
"Really? Are you sure?"
...
What kind of question is that? I could guess, but I didn't stop to ask what it meant.