Sunday, July 02, 2006

 

Africa, Canada Day

Good luck to my little brother Simon, who heads to Africa this week on safari. Though the trip comes as part of his degree in wildlife biology, he's much more focused on photography and will be taking a fair amount of both still shots and video footage. I look forward to seeing both.

Otherwise, it's been a quiet weekend. Neal and I toured the Cambridge Architecture school on Friday morning, quite interesting and the students tried to convince me to enrol for a second degree as a mature student. Pictures from our trip can be found here.

Then, back on main campus, I met with the Dean of Arts before lunch (it was his last day as dean and we had a few important issues to discuss), caught lunch with Neal at Mel's, and then wandered back to campus where I helped out with Shad Valley prep (2006 season starts today) and met with Professor Barbara Bulman-Fleming on an issue relating to the recently-formed ad-hoc Academic Integrity committee. As I'm planning my future, it doesn't escape me to take note of the type of environment I choose to spend my holiday in.

And then I caught some of the Italy-Ukraine World Cup quarterfinal. I decided then to start cheering for Italia, no small part due to my own heritage. It's only a fortunate coincidence that both England and Brazil were bumped out since then...

Yesterday was a write-off, a complete lazy day, which was wonderful. Wandered by the Canada Day celebrations in the afternoon and ended up at a Moogk-Soulis family dinner. Afterwards, we played a quick game of Carcassone (I won again) and headed out to the fireworks. They always exhaust me completely, for some reason, so then it was home to bed.

Today it's been equally lazy, spending the morning reviewing the Criminal Code of Canada especially as it relates to Libel, Criminal Negligence and Criminal Harassment. No plans yet for the rest of the day...

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?