Thursday, June 29, 2006
Looong weekend
One newspaper columnist asked today, "are there any nicer words in the english language than 'Three Day Weekend'?"
Of course, my answer would be yes. I could suggest, for example, "I'm not going back to the job that I needed the three day weekend to get away from..."
This weekend, though, the menu is as follows:
- trip to Cambridge architecture school Friday morning
- meeting with UW's Dean of Arts on Friday morning
- meeting with Dr. Bulman-Fleming of the "Academic Integrity" committee on Friday afternoon
- volunteering for Canada Day at Columbia Lake on Saturday
- likely the fireworks tomorrow night
- who knows what else
Bored? Drop me a line...
Of course, my answer would be yes. I could suggest, for example, "I'm not going back to the job that I needed the three day weekend to get away from..."
This weekend, though, the menu is as follows:
- trip to Cambridge architecture school Friday morning
- meeting with UW's Dean of Arts on Friday morning
- meeting with Dr. Bulman-Fleming of the "Academic Integrity" committee on Friday afternoon
- volunteering for Canada Day at Columbia Lake on Saturday
- likely the fireworks tomorrow night
- who knows what else
Bored? Drop me a line...