Wednesday, June 14, 2006

 

Grad School

I've just been accepted to graduate studies through the University of Waterloo's Department of Management Sciences. w00t!

I'd be accepted into their Masters of Management Sciences program, from where I could later apply for a Masters of Applied Sciences program. If accepted to MASc, I would write a thesis, which is my preference. Current idea: management of technology in the health services sector, with a specific focus on entrepreneurial ventures. Or at least that's what I proposed in my application.

I would have to take three courses as part of my "conditional" acceptance: first year calculus, first year algebra and third year stats. Back in first year. Wicked. :P

I could possibly be offered a TA position for $3,340 per term (they don't offer TAships until you arrive at UW and take the training course). At ten hours per week ... twelve weeks in a term, that's ... about 28 bucks an hour. Not too bad, really. It would cover the $1,980 per term tuition at least. Which is good, because there is no financial assistance in the form of research assistantships, scholarships (!) or student awards.

I have thirty days to decide whether or not I'd like to accept. Currently leaning towards ... sitting squarely on the fence. There are pros and cons for the program, and I'm going to take my time deciding.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?