Saturday, April 01, 2006

 

Vancouver

All in all, it was a great beginning. Everything here is lush and green, cherry blossoms are everywhere, and of course the North Shore mountains are proud and strong. Michelle and I are here already, after a gruelling 5 1/2 hr flight from Toronto. Rental car is in my care for the weekend, and I think I will use it well to see some old sights and perhaps visit some old friends.

I showed up at Sonya's place ... right on the beach here in the West End, I might add ... and it turns out that we both wanted to go to the same Vancouver restaurant here in town. It's called the Na'am and it is nothing short of legendary here in Vancouver. I am now soooo full.

Also, I stopped in and visited John Andersen today, social call before he leaves his two years of office as a Feds pres. He's got a number of landmarks coming up ... do I hear a farewell event as the latest get-together for the Over-Extenders Anonymous? :)

• Naam Restaurant

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?