Sunday, March 26, 2006

 

Tim Hortons, Inc

It's true, I'm now a proud part-owner of Tim Hortons. Let me know what changes you would like me to make in Timmy's from now on - I call the shots. ;)

Yes, I expect the share price to drop a bit in the first little while, but we'll see what happens in a year's time. It was interesting to hear how many individuals bought in when it came on the market, nearly a quarter of total sales by some estimates. As one journalist put it:

"The truth is as a shareholder I got in at $35.26 -... [but] TD Waterhouse was the big winner. My final bill after re-opening a trading account was $95.16, which included their commission and the applicable taxes."

Yowza. I used a self-directed (read: no-frills) brokerage through my bank (CIBC's "Investor's Edge") and paid less than half of what that journalist did in fees. And yes, I bought more than one share...

• Tim Hortons, Inc
• CIBC Investor's Edge
• THI.TO on Yahoo!Finance

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?