Saturday, February 25, 2006

 

Little Italy

There's a new movie that has been added to my "great movies" list. I like many movies, but I think few of them are really great. Shawshank great. Usual Suspects great. The new movie? Cinderella Man, starring Russell Crowe. Seamless, flawless, it's like somebody said "hey, let's make a movie that's not pretty good with a few great scenes ... let's make a movie that's great from start to finish." Or maybe the love-conquers-all theme appealed to me. Or maybe it was the Italian-American in me. But either way -- you go, Ron Howard!

(at a press conference, about his comeback after a stint of poverty)

Braddock: "... so now I know what I'm fighting for."

Reporter: "What's that?"

Braddock: "Milk."

To be honest, Amy gets the credit of getting me to watch it. I mean, really, do I seem like the kind of person who wants to watch a movie with the word "Cinderella" in the title? ;) And I swear that it wasn't until halfway through that I noticed it was Aussie Russell Crowe in the lead. It also helped that I didn't know the story of Braddock, so I honestly didn't know what was going to happen in the end.

All in all, good flick. I'd watch it. And Giamatti's favoured for Supporting Actor in the Oscars!

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?