Wednesday, February 22, 2006
I'll take Theron at 20-1
Looks like Paddy Power's at it again.
That's right, it's the same group that, following the passing of John Paul II, let you bet on the next Pope. (Wasn't excommunication the consequence for that?) They're now bringing you Oscar Night betting.
That's right, looks like Philip Seymour Hoffman (Capote) is favoured 1-7 for the Best Actor win. Charlize Theron (North Country), surprisingly, is behind the crowd, at 20-1 odds.
Let's see, reviewing my picks, this means that if I bet $5 on each (a $30 investment) and they win...
...on my "safe bets" I'd be up to $66.71 (a 122% increase)
...on my "I'd prefer" I'd be up to $181.04 (a 500% increase)
Whoa. Wait a minute. Maybe I should ...
But then, if Theron doesn't win, or if Crash doesn't surprise audiences, then I'll be out a few bucks. Although I can always try to make it back on the "Oscar Specials:" if Seymour Hoffman cries, for example, or if the best actress comes on stage with "her dress tucked in her knickers," there are pretty good payouts.
Or, I could always try to pick who designs the best actress' dress...
--
Also: tip of the hat to Neal, thanks for this little review.
That's right, it's the same group that, following the passing of John Paul II, let you bet on the next Pope. (Wasn't excommunication the consequence for that?) They're now bringing you Oscar Night betting.
That's right, looks like Philip Seymour Hoffman (Capote) is favoured 1-7 for the Best Actor win. Charlize Theron (North Country), surprisingly, is behind the crowd, at 20-1 odds.
Let's see, reviewing my picks, this means that if I bet $5 on each (a $30 investment) and they win...
...on my "safe bets" I'd be up to $66.71 (a 122% increase)
...on my "I'd prefer" I'd be up to $181.04 (a 500% increase)
Whoa. Wait a minute. Maybe I should ...
But then, if Theron doesn't win, or if Crash doesn't surprise audiences, then I'll be out a few bucks. Although I can always try to make it back on the "Oscar Specials:" if Seymour Hoffman cries, for example, or if the best actress comes on stage with "her dress tucked in her knickers," there are pretty good payouts.
Or, I could always try to pick who designs the best actress' dress...
--
Also: tip of the hat to Neal, thanks for this little review.