Tuesday, February 28, 2006

 

... and on to the Oscars

May I say, I am excited for the Oscars. Jon Stewart hosting. Plenty of beautiful people in attendance. I have actually seen many of the contending movies this year. Hollywood has already started to close down. Jon Stewart hosting. I'll be at a swanky invite-only party, a formal event complete with red carpet! And have I mentioned, Jon Stewart is hosting?

Prepping up for the show, I've learned a few things about the Oscars. For example, did you know that for a film to be officially considered an Oscar contender, it had to:Or, that for someone to receive an Oscar, they must agree to sign this:

Gentlemen:
I hereby acknowledge receipt from you of a replica of your copyrighted statuette, commonly known as the ‘Oscar,’ as an award for achievement in motion picture arts and sciences. I acknowledge that my receipt of said replica does not entitle me to any right whatever in your copyright, trade-mark and service-mark of said statuette and that only the physical replica itself shall belong to me. In consideration of your delivering said replica to me, I agree to comply with your rules and regulations respecting its use and not to sell or otherwise dispose of it, nor permit it to be sold or disposed of by operation of law, without first offering to sell it to you for the sum of $1.00. You shall have thirty days after any such offer is made to you within which to accept it. This agreement shall be binding not only on me, but also on my heirs, legatees, executors, administrators, estate, successors and assigns. My legatees and heirs shall have the right to acquire said replica, if it becomes part of my estate, subject to this agreement.


The more you know, I guess.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?