Tuesday, January 03, 2006
Something new in 2006
Greetings, everyone! I hope you've all had a wonderful holiday season and are now returning to do ... well, whatever it is that you love doing.
Originally, this blog was intended to be an on-line journal of sorts, mixing a tech obsession with a recognized need to keep track of my adventures in life. In addition to helping my own (fading) memory, friends and family could take a quick peek and check up on me anytime they wanted.
Still, in retrospect, it seems rather self-absorbed. Plus my social community these days is considerably smaller, so I don't have to worry about answering the question of "how are you doing, what are you up to" so frequently. Plus, I spent a good two weeks over Christmas without answering a single phonecall or checking an e-mail, and I really kind of liked it. Luddite-ness, here I come!
(If you disagree, and want to hear me keep ranting on about my adventures, feel free to let me know - note that the "comments" section is now functional again).
Instead, I'm going to privately track my own adventures while keeping this public blog updated with all sorts of interesting internetia. But not, of course, without two final bits from me:
2006: A Look Ahead (in no particular order)
Originally, this blog was intended to be an on-line journal of sorts, mixing a tech obsession with a recognized need to keep track of my adventures in life. In addition to helping my own (fading) memory, friends and family could take a quick peek and check up on me anytime they wanted.
Still, in retrospect, it seems rather self-absorbed. Plus my social community these days is considerably smaller, so I don't have to worry about answering the question of "how are you doing, what are you up to" so frequently. Plus, I spent a good two weeks over Christmas without answering a single phonecall or checking an e-mail, and I really kind of liked it. Luddite-ness, here I come!
(If you disagree, and want to hear me keep ranting on about my adventures, feel free to let me know - note that the "comments" section is now functional again).
Instead, I'm going to privately track my own adventures while keeping this public blog updated with all sorts of interesting internetia. But not, of course, without two final bits from me:
2006: A Look Ahead (in no particular order)
- work on le project more intensively
- leadership research for the UW Psychology department
- look for a new job (read: career) or get myself into grad school
- improve my state of personal health - time to be a bit more disciplined about the discipline
- keep afloat of my bills and car payments
- life insurance, RRSPs and other fun "grown-up" stuff, and
- of course, a few surprises!!
- grad-u-ma-cating from UW: Bachelor of Arts in psychology with minors in management studies and peace and conflict studies
- the gradual cessation of a VERY long string of volunteer experiences
- Engineering Science Quest
- sister's wedding: both the Canadian and Floridian versions
- Shad Valley
- the swanky James Bond party, the troublesome graduation kegger, the Cook for the Cure fundraiser
- entrepreneurship boot camp
- spending the Christmas holidays in the hot tub with the girlfriend and family, smoking Cubans and drinking Guinness
- a new car!
- technologizing: laptop, blog, digital camera, wireless access, building web pages from scratch, wireless optical mouse, etc, etc, etc
