Sunday, January 29, 2006

 

New things, new things

Again, too busy in life to post to my blog lately. A few highlights:

Lots of HTML practice, for fun. Learning frames and CSS now.

About an hour and a half into a job interview earlier this week, the head of the company leaned over the table as if to confide in me. "A big part of this job," he said, "is that you have to get along with the geeks." Now, he clearly meant the term in an endearing fashion, much like many people who have tangent associations to UW. Needless to say, I easily assured him that that would be less of a hurdle and more of a "job perk." You could call it my life for the past, er, five or so years.

Caught Syriana tonight. Not a bad movie, but in my opinion far short of all the acclaim it received. It's much less a "left-wing liberal oil drama" than it is a showcase of the same style of movie as Pulp Fiction, Crash or Traffic: intertwining many story lines to tell a story through mosaic, never really making one point but provoking thought on many lines. Indeed, Traffic and Syriana have the dame director. Instead of drugs, though, it's all about oil.

Also, I should say, I seem to have an ever-increasing appreciation for wikipedia. It has literally everything I've ever wanted to find on the Internet, often in a neat and orderly fashion.

Oh and hey, Feds election time again. Though Imprint did manage to screw it up already - campaigning for only two days? I think polling for two days might be more accurate...

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?