Tuesday, January 24, 2006
In review
Conservative minority. The outcome was no surprise, and as one fellow election watcher noted, "with this outcome, there is nobody likely to be perfectly happy."
The NDP had a cheering section there last night, and there was strong support for the Liberals, which really should have been expected as I was watching from a student pub. Still, I was admittedly surprised to find an apparent lack of support for Conservatives, either from the tried-and-true blue young tories or from those who supported the "throw the bums out" theory for a Liberal defeat.
The NDP had a cheering section there last night, and there was strong support for the Liberals, which really should have been expected as I was watching from a student pub. Still, I was admittedly surprised to find an apparent lack of support for Conservatives, either from the tried-and-true blue young tories or from those who supported the "throw the bums out" theory for a Liberal defeat.