Wednesday, September 21, 2005
Fact or fiction?
They say that a land of people who are perfectly in harmony with each other is a land that will exist without any sort of history....
... or, I may suggest, they just got really, really busy.
Not sure which category is me, but I haven't posted in awhile.
Life has been good, but busy. My new part-time girlfriend is really my old spurned lover - volunteering. Helping out a bit with the preparations for the upcoming Entrepreneur Week, worked here and there on media relations stuff for Impact, and good old EWB and I have had a fun fundraising experience or two. Interesting dates, me and this old lover, but I must admit that she takes more than she gives lately...
Which just puts my *real* girlfriend in that much more striking relief. Yup, Amy and I are still quite happy, even if she is late getting out of her rehearsal tonight ... where is she ?!? ... Mostly we've just been recovering from (read: missing terribly) Nashville, watching plenty of movies, and doing plenty of snuggling, cooking, eating and just generally having fun.
Shad is going well - they're sending me up to Thunder Bay for the first three days of next week, and I am likely going to be in Belleville for the last two. Shad has a very strong, positive brand - it is both interesting and educational for me to work for company like that. I also like the people I work with, and they essentially let me create my own position - resulting in very few constraints on my part. Plus they pay me to drive and, when I'm away, they pay me to eat :) which I like.
In other news, Imprint's Editor-in-Chief Carla Sandham is resigning effective (really soon) in order to pursue other opportunities in the journalistic field. Which means that they're looking for a new EIC ... watch out, I see Rick Smit coming!!!
Oh, and in case you're wondering, that whole bit about "Our Town" was really tongue-in-cheek. It's not going to be that boring - or at least, it had better not, seeing as I'll be catching multiple performances. :)
... or, I may suggest, they just got really, really busy.
Not sure which category is me, but I haven't posted in awhile.
Life has been good, but busy. My new part-time girlfriend is really my old spurned lover - volunteering. Helping out a bit with the preparations for the upcoming Entrepreneur Week, worked here and there on media relations stuff for Impact, and good old EWB and I have had a fun fundraising experience or two. Interesting dates, me and this old lover, but I must admit that she takes more than she gives lately...
Which just puts my *real* girlfriend in that much more striking relief. Yup, Amy and I are still quite happy, even if she is late getting out of her rehearsal tonight ... where is she ?!? ... Mostly we've just been recovering from (read: missing terribly) Nashville, watching plenty of movies, and doing plenty of snuggling, cooking, eating and just generally having fun.
Shad is going well - they're sending me up to Thunder Bay for the first three days of next week, and I am likely going to be in Belleville for the last two. Shad has a very strong, positive brand - it is both interesting and educational for me to work for company like that. I also like the people I work with, and they essentially let me create my own position - resulting in very few constraints on my part. Plus they pay me to drive and, when I'm away, they pay me to eat :) which I like.
In other news, Imprint's Editor-in-Chief Carla Sandham is resigning effective (really soon) in order to pursue other opportunities in the journalistic field. Which means that they're looking for a new EIC ... watch out, I see Rick Smit coming!!!
Oh, and in case you're wondering, that whole bit about "Our Town" was really tongue-in-cheek. It's not going to be that boring - or at least, it had better not, seeing as I'll be catching multiple performances. :)