Friday, August 05, 2005
Stratford
This one is best told in pictures, as soon as I can scan them in.
Meanwhile, it will suffice to say that Amy and I spent a wonderful day in Stratford. I had been there but once before, a shortcoming which served excellently in that it allowed Amy to exercise her hostessing duties. (She did wonderfully, of course!)
There is something about tourist towns that I do truly enjoy. We did "famous" french fries, Rheo Thompson chocolates, played like the fools that we are at (the toy store whose name I can never remember) and closed with a walk down the Avon river. We were hand in hand for most of it, lucky lucky man that I am. Weddings were apparently in full swing that day, and the "Island" on the Avon was quite beautiful for it. I was quite tired by the end of it all, but the day was worthwhile and ended up wonderfully.
Meanwhile, it will suffice to say that Amy and I spent a wonderful day in Stratford. I had been there but once before, a shortcoming which served excellently in that it allowed Amy to exercise her hostessing duties. (She did wonderfully, of course!)
There is something about tourist towns that I do truly enjoy. We did "famous" french fries, Rheo Thompson chocolates, played like the fools that we are at (the toy store whose name I can never remember) and closed with a walk down the Avon river. We were hand in hand for most of it, lucky lucky man that I am. Weddings were apparently in full swing that day, and the "Island" on the Avon was quite beautiful for it. I was quite tired by the end of it all, but the day was worthwhile and ended up wonderfully.