Friday, August 19, 2005

 

Stairway to Heaven

Here I sit in my computer lab, where campers, leaders and I sit for free computer time listening to Stairway to Heaven, as the rain has forced our outdoors Friday afternoon inside. My rule: "Nobody gets to talk except for my good friends Jimmy Page, Robert Plant and John Bonham on the drums..." (yeah, seems like nobody ever remembers that other guy...)

As for me, my week has by all accounts been fantastic. Amy and I headed out to my leader's house on Wednesday night, to ride horses and relax by the campfire. Yes, LolaJean (aka scarecrow, hi-jinx, skinni mini, Arnold Schwarzenegger, logi...) keeps her horses out by her house, so we went out riding for the evening. I have such tremendous respect for these powerful creatures, and although I am not destined to be the world's greatest horseback rider, Amy did certainly enjoy herself riding around in the moonlight. Thanks so much, LolaJean!

And did I mention that LolaJean lives in Amy's dream home? Ranch style out in the country, huge kitchen, large windows, huge patios, hot tub... yeah looks great!

I also managed to catch up with John Andersen yesterday for lunch, sitting down and catching up on how he has been doing lately. Usual challenges there, but also the usual joys and victories. I'm glad that he's been having a good time with it.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?