Wednesday, August 03, 2005
A good week, ESQ
Before I forget to mention, this has been one of my best weeks at camp. Highlights:
- some of the kids brought in fabric markers so that they could make me an "I love nerds" T-shirt. Then both kids and leaders signed it. Awwww....Go science camp!
- it's "Halfway Day" today (camp is halfway over), so they were a) giving out donuts this morning and b) raffling off prizes at lunch. I won a $20 gift certificate to Chapters!
- one of the campers said, "Can I have your e-mail address? I want to stay in touch when I go home to Peterborough..." Awwww....
- Amy. Awwwww.....
- the local EWB reps have stopped their presentations at my camp due to exams. I took over for the interim. The presentations have gone so extremely well, my campers have even gone as far as to purchase the white Make Poverty History bracelets that I have been sporting. They really got the message, they like what EWB does.
- honing down the camp schedule is going really well. Ditching activities that do not work, emphasizing those that do. Lots and lots more time in front of the computers is what is has added up to, but thankfully less and less "free computer time." Hooray!
- Amy
- one of my campers protested vehemently about an activity we were about to do. Then, when the activity had finished, they protested vehemently that we were not going to do it again. Methinks I have won over at least that one camper... Awwww....
- six of ESQ's camps are cancelled this week. It's nice to have a quiet week (not to mention that means more liquid nitrogen ice cream for us!)
- our soldering activity from the first half of the summer was scrapped, and replaced with a much better activity. Nothing like soldering with 11-year-olds, but then, it's a really cool activity for the kids and they are really quite good at it.
- Amy. Awwww....
- All this good news and there are still two days left!
- some of the kids brought in fabric markers so that they could make me an "I love nerds" T-shirt. Then both kids and leaders signed it. Awwww....Go science camp!
- it's "Halfway Day" today (camp is halfway over), so they were a) giving out donuts this morning and b) raffling off prizes at lunch. I won a $20 gift certificate to Chapters!
- one of the campers said, "Can I have your e-mail address? I want to stay in touch when I go home to Peterborough..." Awwww....
- Amy. Awwwww.....
- the local EWB reps have stopped their presentations at my camp due to exams. I took over for the interim. The presentations have gone so extremely well, my campers have even gone as far as to purchase the white Make Poverty History bracelets that I have been sporting. They really got the message, they like what EWB does.
- honing down the camp schedule is going really well. Ditching activities that do not work, emphasizing those that do. Lots and lots more time in front of the computers is what is has added up to, but thankfully less and less "free computer time." Hooray!
- Amy
- one of my campers protested vehemently about an activity we were about to do. Then, when the activity had finished, they protested vehemently that we were not going to do it again. Methinks I have won over at least that one camper... Awwww....
- six of ESQ's camps are cancelled this week. It's nice to have a quiet week (not to mention that means more liquid nitrogen ice cream for us!)
- our soldering activity from the first half of the summer was scrapped, and replaced with a much better activity. Nothing like soldering with 11-year-olds, but then, it's a really cool activity for the kids and they are really quite good at it.
- Amy. Awwww....
- All this good news and there are still two days left!