Friday, July 29, 2005

 

Yet another Imprint staff lunch

Imprint staff lunch went quite well yesterday, even considering that somebody got nicely toasted on only a very few drinks. My joke staff award was "phantom of the web," a tribute to my assistance with their online site earlier this semester. Also good was the $100 in Via Rail tickets that I snagged, still from our ad exchange of so long ago.

I do have to admit that my experience at Salute was much better this time around. The service had improved 100%, the food was teriffic and I stayed away from the undersized-overpriced apps. The jovial Imprint crowd also helped - it was a smaller staff lunch, at about 30 people, but the attendance of some of my favourite Imprinters helped to make things just right.

I started with the house salad, which had lots of dark greens and no overwhelming flavours - just how I like a good salad. Entree was "Fusili Fungi," excellently prepared though they did try to pass off rotini as fusili. For dessert, strawberries in sambuca, which I really quite liked.

Choices to wet the palate included a drink from a shared bottle of California zinfandel (an actual red wine, not the bright pink, fruity wine that most associate with the name), Glenfiddich on the rocks (in concert with Tex and Neal, of course) and Amy convinced me to down a shot of Tequila with her (her first) just before we ducked out for the group picture.

The rest of the night was a bit of a write-off: Amy went to have a nap to sleep off her buzz, and I joined her. We then snuck upstairs to make chocolate chip cookies, happily a bit more quiet than the crowd that ended up partying it up at Darren's the entire night.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?