Tuesday, July 05, 2005
WOO - HOO!!!
I GOT A DATE!!!!
That's the late-breaking news. So much for a day of disappointing.
Yes, for all of you people who think that Amy is my girlfriend, she's not. I guess you just can't call anybody a kindred spirit anymore without everyone assuming a bit too much. (Yes, Mom, you're on that list! Guilty as charged!)
That being said, though, there is a small list of things that Amy makes me feel like:
1. She convinces me to do yoga more and more, even in this overwhelming heat. So yes, she's good for me inside and out. You could say that she does make me want to be a better person, which can be tough for an old pitbull like me.
2. One of her big teachings is how to approach everything with gentleness and respect, and she's definitely been a good influence in that respect. She's a genuinely good-hearted person (dare I say, a kindred spirit to many of the people I've known over the years? Hehehe) and it's nice to be around her.
3&4. She's a great friend. There's more that goes here, but only Amy knows what these are. I'm not going to put them online, but I'm going to caution you blog readers once again about assuming too much. You know who you are, and what you assume. So cut it out.
5. Though I'm her friend now, I would like to be more than her friend.
So, on that note, we're going to go out on a date (a *date* date! Woo-hoo!) tomorrow night. I'm taking her to the SCRUBS' Connoisseur and Cheese night at the University Club. Apparently, they're bringing in a professor to talk about tasting wine as part of the 'connoisseur' section of the evening (I say "part of" because when they say "connoisseur and cheese" they really mean "wine and cheese" they're just not allowed to mention alcohol) so it should be a good time.
Afterwards, I have something special planned for the evening for the both of us, but it's another SFA so I'm not allowed to tell.
So, no she's not my girlfriend, but WOOOO-HOOOO!!!!! This has just turned out to be the best vacation yet, better than potential trips to MIT or to Mexico or wherever...
And yet, you people wonder why I don't just leave Waterloo. You should meet her, you'd understand. Though I do sometimes wonder what my other true love will think of her...
That having been said, I've cautioned her that she shouldn't make this easy on me. Not that she should play ridiculously hard to get, but that if I'm going to keep taking her out on *real* dates (Like the one I have with her! Tomorrow! Hooray!) I want to have to earn it. And I will.
Pictures to follow.
That's the late-breaking news. So much for a day of disappointing.
Yes, for all of you people who think that Amy is my girlfriend, she's not. I guess you just can't call anybody a kindred spirit anymore without everyone assuming a bit too much. (Yes, Mom, you're on that list! Guilty as charged!)
That being said, though, there is a small list of things that Amy makes me feel like:
1. She convinces me to do yoga more and more, even in this overwhelming heat. So yes, she's good for me inside and out. You could say that she does make me want to be a better person, which can be tough for an old pitbull like me.
2. One of her big teachings is how to approach everything with gentleness and respect, and she's definitely been a good influence in that respect. She's a genuinely good-hearted person (dare I say, a kindred spirit to many of the people I've known over the years? Hehehe) and it's nice to be around her.
3&4. She's a great friend. There's more that goes here, but only Amy knows what these are. I'm not going to put them online, but I'm going to caution you blog readers once again about assuming too much. You know who you are, and what you assume. So cut it out.
5. Though I'm her friend now, I would like to be more than her friend.
So, on that note, we're going to go out on a date (a *date* date! Woo-hoo!) tomorrow night. I'm taking her to the SCRUBS' Connoisseur and Cheese night at the University Club. Apparently, they're bringing in a professor to talk about tasting wine as part of the 'connoisseur' section of the evening (I say "part of" because when they say "connoisseur and cheese" they really mean "wine and cheese" they're just not allowed to mention alcohol) so it should be a good time.
Afterwards, I have something special planned for the evening for the both of us, but it's another SFA so I'm not allowed to tell.
So, no she's not my girlfriend, but WOOOO-HOOOO!!!!! This has just turned out to be the best vacation yet, better than potential trips to MIT or to Mexico or wherever...
And yet, you people wonder why I don't just leave Waterloo. You should meet her, you'd understand. Though I do sometimes wonder what my other true love will think of her...
That having been said, I've cautioned her that she shouldn't make this easy on me. Not that she should play ridiculously hard to get, but that if I'm going to keep taking her out on *real* dates (Like the one I have with her! Tomorrow! Hooray!) I want to have to earn it. And I will.
Pictures to follow.