Monday, July 25, 2005
What are we going to do tonight, Brain?
Same thing we do every night, Pinky, try and take over the world!! ... I mean ... go on a date with Amy ...
Yes indeedy world, though I admit to finding it a bit scary to have a bona fide girlfriend once again (believe you me, I have spent much more of my developed life without girlfriend than with, so I can be more comfortable without) but now I have to admit that I have truly an amazing one.
She took me on our first official movie date tonight. First "official" means not counting watching The Perfect Man with her and her little sis, in order to have Andrew meet the younger sibling. No, little sis seems nice enough, but the movie itself is one I would rather soon forget.
Instead, tonight we went to watch The Island which actually turned out to be quite interesting, despite what the critics say. I think it was well made, very Jerry Bruckheimer-esque (indeed it was made by one of his proteges) and captivating. The best part, of course, was the little woman under my arm who continually needed protection during the scary parts, oh Amy don't worry I will come rescue you prince Andrew that I am.
No, I will repay her in kind, for I have some very special surprises for her as we have some semblance of anniversaries coming up. No matter how much she tortures me, too, I swear they will remain surprises. I do have to say it was nice going to a movie with a girl who counts fresh fruit as movie snacks, fhough, not to forget one who made me home-made pizza as the pre-movie dinner.
I also have to say, Neal you are a dirty man for your comments as we left to head out on our date. "Well, I'm sure that you two can think of some way to occupy yourselves..." Really, Neal. In the presence of a lady. Tsk tsk!
Yes indeedy world, though I admit to finding it a bit scary to have a bona fide girlfriend once again (believe you me, I have spent much more of my developed life without girlfriend than with, so I can be more comfortable without) but now I have to admit that I have truly an amazing one.
She took me on our first official movie date tonight. First "official" means not counting watching The Perfect Man with her and her little sis, in order to have Andrew meet the younger sibling. No, little sis seems nice enough, but the movie itself is one I would rather soon forget.
Instead, tonight we went to watch The Island which actually turned out to be quite interesting, despite what the critics say. I think it was well made, very Jerry Bruckheimer-esque (indeed it was made by one of his proteges) and captivating. The best part, of course, was the little woman under my arm who continually needed protection during the scary parts, oh Amy don't worry I will come rescue you prince Andrew that I am.
No, I will repay her in kind, for I have some very special surprises for her as we have some semblance of anniversaries coming up. No matter how much she tortures me, too, I swear they will remain surprises. I do have to say it was nice going to a movie with a girl who counts fresh fruit as movie snacks, fhough, not to forget one who made me home-made pizza as the pre-movie dinner.
I also have to say, Neal you are a dirty man for your comments as we left to head out on our date. "Well, I'm sure that you two can think of some way to occupy yourselves..." Really, Neal. In the presence of a lady. Tsk tsk!