Wednesday, July 20, 2005

 

So, you've been reading my blog, eh?

Recent conversations have indicated that many of you actually read my blog. Not quite sure why - I refrain from most political (read: interesting) subjects on the blog, and really it's just a journal of my own activities because I have a short memory for such things. Fun comments of late include:

"Andrew! Sorry about the two periods!"

"I never thought you'd be the type to fall so fast" (referring to repeated mentions of one certain ESQ co-worker named Amy)

Yeah, it's good, I hope you're all vicariously enjoying my life. I warn you, though, it is about to become unpleasant, stupid cold...

Last night was quite good, despite my growing illness. Christine Loureiro's birthday celebrations, first at my house and then at Barleyworks. Happy 23, C Lo. Quite amusing conversation, a great crowd. Thanks Jeff for your entertaining stories on catching crabs in Cuba and Christine for her stories on catching crabs in PEI. I had to duck out early that night, because well, I have to work early in the morning and wasn't feeling better.

Oh yes, I am sick. Perhaps it is because of our ill-fated "camping trip" this last weekend (3 of the 5 of us got sick), but my guess is really that my passion for science has gotten the better of me. Oh yes, my very own body has become a living science experiment, titled "How the human immune system deals with the bacteria, viruses and illnesses of more than 300 children per week." I'm sure that I've been exposed to at least a few dozen harmful bacterium that I am just not used to.

Hence, I took the afternoon and spent it in bed ... I am rarely ill, and it is quite unpleasant for me. My head feels like it is on fire. I will be going back to bed soon.

Also, Club Med called about a job interview. Maybe I will finally pursue my dreams of being a cabana boy in the Carribean...

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?