Tuesday, July 26, 2005

 

My day off

I need a place to live.

But that's about it, because I had a day off today and took care of almost everything else. Got my haircut, then I went and retrieved my suit from Aussie's which was supposed to have been ready for June convocation. That's right, *JUNE* convocation, more than a month ago. Needless to say, I did not pay for my dry cleaning.

Put some money in the bank - savings are going well! - and brought Amy some breakfast. Heard "Andrew, isn't it your day off?" no fewer than five times while walking to bring her breakfast. We really have taken over campus. Speaking of which, I did manage to pick up a recent copy of mathNEWS to note my own honourable mention.

Then I parked myself at Imprint and did some work on a newsletter for ESQ. Pretty much hung out all day, promoted ESQ, caught up with some Imprinters. Cranked my last "professional student" column out in about an hour (thank you, arts degree), and since I've already done my swan song this one is not personal at all. Ducked out of the office just as Mark Johnson was getting an earful from a native Londoner, and hung out with Amy for awhile.

Accepted a job at Shad Valley for the fall, and then went grocery shopping. I think I'll do my grocery bill bit again, see if anything has changed. Now I sit catching up on my blog, wondering where I am to live.

Don't get me wrong - I know where I want to live. In the same neighbourhood I live in now, but in a nice new place (think: air conditioning, heating, no flies, no scary hidden closets everywhere). Problem? I don't want to have to put up with messy and/or inconsiderate students anymore, and decent bachelor pads are tough to come by in this neighbourhood.

Help?

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?