Monday, July 11, 2005
Man, am I tired
Leave it to me to enjoy the hottest day of the year (39C on the humidex) by eating spicy fajitas for dinner and following up this heated feat by baking brownies. The fajitas I have Amy to thank for, she's such a wonderful cook I barely noticed the heat in the heat. I would hire her, if I had the money. Heating up the kitchen for brownies was my doing though, mmmm, brownies...
Man I am so tired, first day of camp today. What can I say? Why am I still up at midnight? A few things went unexpectedly, which was expected. Nothing serious, though, and 95% of our programming survived. I do have to cut down on the ammount of use that I'm getting out of my BlackBerry, though: over 130 messages today alone! Hooray first day?
Speaking of communication, I've looked at my post below and decided to go the way of the Knuth. Too much e-mail, have I, so it's time to change. My Imprint account will now forward to my Yahoo! account, as will my uwaterloo.ca account. My ESQmail already goes to my BlackBerry, so that's one more down. Now I just have to figure out how to get my gmail and MSN accounts to go to the Yahoo Mail account, and I'll be down to three accounts for the time being: one work, one personal, one Impact conference.
I think that's all I have to report. The weekend was great, but tiring: rock climbing (my first in many years) with Amy, followed by a great relaxation session in the park. Dinner with the single and western Canada-bound Penny Michelle, pints with Dan at Barleyworks, Afrofest with Shelly Nixon in the stinking downtown Toronto heat on Sunday. You know, this heat is actually starting to hurt me, paradox that it's too hot to do yoga in and therefore preventatively help my body.
One thing I want to record, it did blow my mind. Shelly and I figured out that she and I have known each other for just over two years. We met just around the time I had *started* volunteering at UW. Man, I've packed a lot of living into two years.
My head is swimming and there are so many things to do. I wonder if they will all get done.
Man I am so tired, first day of camp today. What can I say? Why am I still up at midnight? A few things went unexpectedly, which was expected. Nothing serious, though, and 95% of our programming survived. I do have to cut down on the ammount of use that I'm getting out of my BlackBerry, though: over 130 messages today alone! Hooray first day?
Speaking of communication, I've looked at my post below and decided to go the way of the Knuth. Too much e-mail, have I, so it's time to change. My Imprint account will now forward to my Yahoo! account, as will my uwaterloo.ca account. My ESQmail already goes to my BlackBerry, so that's one more down. Now I just have to figure out how to get my gmail and MSN accounts to go to the Yahoo Mail account, and I'll be down to three accounts for the time being: one work, one personal, one Impact conference.
I think that's all I have to report. The weekend was great, but tiring: rock climbing (my first in many years) with Amy, followed by a great relaxation session in the park. Dinner with the single and western Canada-bound Penny Michelle, pints with Dan at Barleyworks, Afrofest with Shelly Nixon in the stinking downtown Toronto heat on Sunday. You know, this heat is actually starting to hurt me, paradox that it's too hot to do yoga in and therefore preventatively help my body.
One thing I want to record, it did blow my mind. Shelly and I figured out that she and I have known each other for just over two years. We met just around the time I had *started* volunteering at UW. Man, I've packed a lot of living into two years.
My head is swimming and there are so many things to do. I wonder if they will all get done.