Saturday, July 30, 2005
Letting go of the person you used to be
Spent most of my day cleaning, doing laundry and reading a book by Lama Surya Das. Needless to say, it's been a great day. I just love life.
As Tevye says,
"If I were rich, I'd have the time that I lack
To sit in the synagogue and pray.
And maybe have a seat by the Eastern wall.
And I'd discuss the holy books with the learned men, several hours every day.
That would be the sweetest thing of all."
I've always wanted to live a rich man's life. I greatly enjoy the fact that most of the best parts of such a life, I can actually enjoy without being rich at all.
More thoughts to follow.
As Tevye says,
"If I were rich, I'd have the time that I lack
To sit in the synagogue and pray.
And maybe have a seat by the Eastern wall.
And I'd discuss the holy books with the learned men, several hours every day.
That would be the sweetest thing of all."
I've always wanted to live a rich man's life. I greatly enjoy the fact that most of the best parts of such a life, I can actually enjoy without being rich at all.
More thoughts to follow.