Monday, July 04, 2005

 

I QUIT I QUIT I QUIT

No, seriously, folks. I need to quit. Again. I need to back down. I tried to get out, but they keep dragging me back in. I need to walk away. I need to pay more attention to the girl in my life, who is meaning increasingly more to me each day. I need not to trade today for tomorrow. Dean at one point counted 27 things that I have done for or on the UW campus. Dean, I think I have now crossed the 30 mark. Less than 1/5 of those have been paid gigs. I need to get my priorities into something that, well, pays a bit more of the rent. Or at least *genuinely* promises to do so in the relatively near future.

Sorry, world. I love you all, but I'm being stretched too thin these days. Anybody know how I can make some money in my spare time?

Later (July 5) update: NO THIS DOES NOT MEAN I AM QUITTING MY JOB!!! I love my job, my "where else in the world would you rather be?" job. My fun times job. Heck it's my week off, and I've already been there both days, returning again tomorrow. I just wanted to vent some steam because I've been volunteering a bit much, but oh well now I'm on the Industry Marketing team for Impact. Gotta do what you love, you know.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?