Thursday, July 21, 2005
Call it confidence
You could call it confidence, but really it was a casual thing.
Life is getting better, directly proportional to my level of health. The fire in my head has dwindled down to a small flame, I have a bit of a chest cold but I can tell that it is on its way out, and the Primary camp room in my head has stopped their boisterous activities and now all seem to be playing "graveyard" instead.
Great day at work today - scouting out a job internally, parents' night went quite well, my kids were great for the most part this week. In fact, I find it surprising that when I tell my kids something twice, I do not have to say it a third time ... which is more than I can say for some of my housemates lately.
Both Amy and I got next Friday afternoon off to come to the Imprint staff lunch at Salute, which though is perhaps not my favourite choice of restaurant, still should be a fun time. Amy and I are also in the midst of planning a surprise party for our (retiring) boss later that day, so July 29 should be quite interesting.
Also, I got offered a job today, which seems quite exciting and involves considerable travel. (This, by the way is what the confidence/casual reference above is referring to, not what you all think, minds out of the gutter kiddies.) More on that as it progresses.
Tomorrow? I head off to the Hillside festival for the weekend, where I will serve as the Crew Chief for the Welcome Committee.
Life is getting better, directly proportional to my level of health. The fire in my head has dwindled down to a small flame, I have a bit of a chest cold but I can tell that it is on its way out, and the Primary camp room in my head has stopped their boisterous activities and now all seem to be playing "graveyard" instead.
Great day at work today - scouting out a job internally, parents' night went quite well, my kids were great for the most part this week. In fact, I find it surprising that when I tell my kids something twice, I do not have to say it a third time ... which is more than I can say for some of my housemates lately.
Both Amy and I got next Friday afternoon off to come to the Imprint staff lunch at Salute, which though is perhaps not my favourite choice of restaurant, still should be a fun time. Amy and I are also in the midst of planning a surprise party for our (retiring) boss later that day, so July 29 should be quite interesting.
Also, I got offered a job today, which seems quite exciting and involves considerable travel. (This, by the way is what the confidence/casual reference above is referring to, not what you all think, minds out of the gutter kiddies.) More on that as it progresses.
Tomorrow? I head off to the Hillside festival for the weekend, where I will serve as the Crew Chief for the Welcome Committee.