Monday, June 13, 2005
Waterloo, Arizona.
My goodness it is SIMPLY TOO HOT!
Last night, as I sat around in complete darkness watching television (too hot for lights), Tom comes up to note how it's even cooler upstairs than in the basement. I told him to have a shower - he'd had three aleady. So, I suggested that he stick his head in a freezer for a few minutes. Ridiculous? Not if you knew how hot it was in here...
On this note, I'm glad that a) I'm working in a (very) air-conditioned computer lab this summer and b) most especially, that I'm not out on the block tree-planting. Last summer's cool weather, though a curse to some, was the greatest blessing to my planting season. If I were trying to plant in this weather, I would be making NOOO money. Too hot for exercise.
Last night, as I sat around in complete darkness watching television (too hot for lights), Tom comes up to note how it's even cooler upstairs than in the basement. I told him to have a shower - he'd had three aleady. So, I suggested that he stick his head in a freezer for a few minutes. Ridiculous? Not if you knew how hot it was in here...
On this note, I'm glad that a) I'm working in a (very) air-conditioned computer lab this summer and b) most especially, that I'm not out on the block tree-planting. Last summer's cool weather, though a curse to some, was the greatest blessing to my planting season. If I were trying to plant in this weather, I would be making NOOO money. Too hot for exercise.