Thursday, June 30, 2005

 

Travel? What travel?

"Andrew! How was your trip?"

One of my housemates asked me that, just a few moments ago. My response, of course, was "what trip?" Yes, folks, I haven't been around the house in awhile, save to sleep and, well, sleep some more. At least one of them thought I was legitimately gone, other comments this week have included "we were going to send out a search party..."

Back to my old habit patterns? Not really. I've been spending a lot of time at work recently, and I've foregone television, which is the usual stage of social gathering here at 64A Ezra. Life is a bit confusing lately - it takes a lot out of me, but I don't get the same "going somewhere" feeling I used to have. I give a lot of credit to my graduation and to my job for this - undergrad is all about "going somewhere else, being somewhere else" and ESQ is all about "why the heck would you want to be anywhere else?"

Still, with next week's cancelled camp, I'm going to have 10 consecutive days off, starting right now. Yes, right now, as I cook my lonely Kraft dinner and head out towards the Barleyworks patio, such begins my vacation. I keep telling myself (and others) that "I'm just going to take a little while to think about (this or that) but in reality I know that it's just a bunch of junk. I know what I want, and I'm stalling. Perhaps that's what I should spend my time with these next few days. Well, I'm stalling all except for one thing, and for that I'm just waiting. Patiently. Extremely patiently. And I will continue to wait.

For now, though, I yearn to paint my life with a bright brush. Perhaps I will just head off to Mexico this week, as I have been joking. A last-minute, complete deal. Why not? I got nearly twice the money back in taxes that I was expecting, and I can do most of my work from elsewhere. Why not?

Ah, who am I kidding. There's a very valid reason why not. It's because there's someone I would take along with me, and she can't come. And that's all I have to say about that.

Off to the patio. If by some odd reason you're reading this tonight, join me there!

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?