Wednesday, June 08, 2005
Home is behind the world ahead
Still quite enjoying the laziness and warmth of summer. I would like to say that, because of this, I have successfully avoided any sort of journal-worthy posts. Unfortunately, there are a few things I should note.
Monday was a great night, the ESQ staff barbecue. A nice student house, Heather hosted the whole lot of us 60 or so ESQuires for some great eats. I thoroughly enjoyed myself - some good conversations were had, even if my 'this brain is alcoholic' didn't get eaten so much. There are always leftovers, hehe.
Today I was named as a crew chief for the Hillside festival, working with none other than UW's own Greg Hines. We'll both be on the 'welcome committee' together, what that is I'm not quite sure of yet.
Later this week I'm scheduled to go up camping for the "presidents' weekend" at Dan's cottage. However, I got called in to work at the Green Energy Conference on Sunday, so we'll see how that leaves things. Still, even if things get cancelled, I will be able to enjoy some nice time with Amy all day on Saturday.
Yes, I've quite enjoyed spending a lot of time with Amy lately. Yoga in the park, breaks at work, the occasional time out on the town. It's been quite wonderful to have a kindred spirit to hang out with - never did I think that I'd find somebody who takes life so much like I do, so it's been a real pleasure getting to know her.
Next week comes convocation week, with Shelley Nixon coming to crash at my house on Wednesday, and then the *entire family* comes to town for Phil and my convocations. Kegger, Saturday the 18th, my house, enough said.
Monday was a great night, the ESQ staff barbecue. A nice student house, Heather hosted the whole lot of us 60 or so ESQuires for some great eats. I thoroughly enjoyed myself - some good conversations were had, even if my 'this brain is alcoholic' didn't get eaten so much. There are always leftovers, hehe.
Today I was named as a crew chief for the Hillside festival, working with none other than UW's own Greg Hines. We'll both be on the 'welcome committee' together, what that is I'm not quite sure of yet.
Later this week I'm scheduled to go up camping for the "presidents' weekend" at Dan's cottage. However, I got called in to work at the Green Energy Conference on Sunday, so we'll see how that leaves things. Still, even if things get cancelled, I will be able to enjoy some nice time with Amy all day on Saturday.
Yes, I've quite enjoyed spending a lot of time with Amy lately. Yoga in the park, breaks at work, the occasional time out on the town. It's been quite wonderful to have a kindred spirit to hang out with - never did I think that I'd find somebody who takes life so much like I do, so it's been a real pleasure getting to know her.
Next week comes convocation week, with Shelley Nixon coming to crash at my house on Wednesday, and then the *entire family* comes to town for Phil and my convocations. Kegger, Saturday the 18th, my house, enough said.