Saturday, April 30, 2005
Whew
"I'm calling to tell you the results of the first round of interviews, and I'm sorry to say that you weren't selected to move on to the second round."
"Hmmm. Well, thanks for letting me know. Any tips for next time, things I should know to have done better?"
"No, you interviewed very well. You have good project management experience, but we were looking for somebody with a bit more of a background in international governance."
(traffic disrupts the cell phone conversation)
"I'm sorry, what was that last bit?"
"we were looking for somebody with a bit more of a background in international governance..."
"Oh, OK. Well, thanks for the interview, Yaacov, and for letting me know..."
ed: the above comments are paraphrased from a conversation I had with a representative from CIGI earlier tonight. Now I can start my real job on Monday morning, thank goodness. I never did find out which job pays more, though I suspect it's the one I stayed with...
"Hmmm. Well, thanks for letting me know. Any tips for next time, things I should know to have done better?"
"No, you interviewed very well. You have good project management experience, but we were looking for somebody with a bit more of a background in international governance."
(traffic disrupts the cell phone conversation)
"I'm sorry, what was that last bit?"
"we were looking for somebody with a bit more of a background in international governance..."
"Oh, OK. Well, thanks for the interview, Yaacov, and for letting me know..."
ed: the above comments are paraphrased from a conversation I had with a representative from CIGI earlier tonight. Now I can start my real job on Monday morning, thank goodness. I never did find out which job pays more, though I suspect it's the one I stayed with...

