Wednesday, April 27, 2005
Time management
This boot camp is going to fry my brain....
It's been over 48 hours since the camp started, and I have barely moved in all that time. A lot has been learned, some good networking has been done, with only very little slipping completely by me. Still, sitting in one spot for so long has an effect on me brain - I find myself becoming incoherent, if you can believe it.
Again, a fuller update comes later, but here's the gist of it:
- useful topics covered so far: branding, strategy, marketing, early revenue, funding sources, angel investors
- not-so-useful topics covered so far: R&D tax credits (not my business sector), team building (just like my good old friend Mr. Bindar Dundat ... say it slowly ...)
- it's nice that not everyone here is from the tech sector, students, or from UW. It's heavily attended in those areas, but overall it's a nice blend.
- I have come up with another large-scale idea that I may want to explore
- I have received one phonecall this week - asking me in for an interview for a position at CIGI...
Today they had 'success stories' from past UW Innovate camps (this is the fourth year for the camp), with some of the kids sitting in on a panel answering our questions. Interestingly, the Honourable Sinclair Stevens (industry minister in the Mulroney cabinet) also sat on the panel, as he had just finished his keynote address for the camp. There will be more on that later, but for now suffice to say that I hope to be on the success story trip someday.
Until then, the CIGI interview's tomorrow at 4:00pm, with Yaacov Iland. I would say wish me luck, but I'm really just interested now to learn more about what the position entails.
It's been over 48 hours since the camp started, and I have barely moved in all that time. A lot has been learned, some good networking has been done, with only very little slipping completely by me. Still, sitting in one spot for so long has an effect on me brain - I find myself becoming incoherent, if you can believe it.
Again, a fuller update comes later, but here's the gist of it:
- useful topics covered so far: branding, strategy, marketing, early revenue, funding sources, angel investors
- not-so-useful topics covered so far: R&D tax credits (not my business sector), team building (just like my good old friend Mr. Bindar Dundat ... say it slowly ...)
- it's nice that not everyone here is from the tech sector, students, or from UW. It's heavily attended in those areas, but overall it's a nice blend.
- I have come up with another large-scale idea that I may want to explore
- I have received one phonecall this week - asking me in for an interview for a position at CIGI...
Today they had 'success stories' from past UW Innovate camps (this is the fourth year for the camp), with some of the kids sitting in on a panel answering our questions. Interestingly, the Honourable Sinclair Stevens (industry minister in the Mulroney cabinet) also sat on the panel, as he had just finished his keynote address for the camp. There will be more on that later, but for now suffice to say that I hope to be on the success story trip someday.
Until then, the CIGI interview's tomorrow at 4:00pm, with Yaacov Iland. I would say wish me luck, but I'm really just interested now to learn more about what the position entails.
Comments:
<< Home
What is this, Teen Beat magazine? There is to be absolutely no squealing about anything on my blog, ever. It's a good way to lose your posting privileges.
Post a Comment
<< Home
