Sunday, April 03, 2005
Swanky cocktail party
Last night, Bianca Tong and her housemate threw one swanky cocktail party. Semi-formal dress was required - quite a different theme from the "BOT/MOT/EOT" parties that are thrown just a few doors down from her house. Likely about 40-50 people put in an appearance throughout the night.
I was worried that it would be quite pretentious - sometimes putting on a tie can change a person. However, the "open bar" concept helped change the mood of the night - everyone brings one bottle to contribute, while the hostesses staff an open bar. A fantastic idea, that - people become less territorial about their drinks, resulting in great times yet somehow a surplus of alcohol at the end of the night.
Yes, there are some good stories from the night, but I'm just going to leave those for now. Suffice to say that it was a great night - Bianca, you throw great parties.
I was worried that it would be quite pretentious - sometimes putting on a tie can change a person. However, the "open bar" concept helped change the mood of the night - everyone brings one bottle to contribute, while the hostesses staff an open bar. A fantastic idea, that - people become less territorial about their drinks, resulting in great times yet somehow a surplus of alcohol at the end of the night.
Yes, there are some good stories from the night, but I'm just going to leave those for now. Suffice to say that it was a great night - Bianca, you throw great parties.
Comments:
<< Home
Swanktastic. You were analyzing up a storm there yourself Dilts, as a true psych student. It is quite possible to induce behaviour if you create the right environment.. you should know this!
I enjoyed putting on the party as much as people enjoyed it.. a reunion party is slated for the future, where and when we'll leave up in the air..
See pics here
Cheers!
I enjoyed putting on the party as much as people enjoyed it.. a reunion party is slated for the future, where and when we'll leave up in the air..
See pics here
Cheers!
Indeed, Bianca, it was a wonerful night. Even when I'm getting nicely toasted - as the pics of the tequila shots give evidence to - it's good to know that I picked a major that suits me. Thanks so much for the pics.
Would it be too much if we had a similar party again in a few weeks at my place? I may just steal your swanktastic idea...
Post a Comment
Would it be too much if we had a similar party again in a few weeks at my place? I may just steal your swanktastic idea...
<< Home

