Saturday, April 02, 2005
Satiated
That's the only words to describe it. I feel so very satiated. So very full .. of life, of action, of memory.
Last night's Arts Grad Ball contributed greatly to this. Drinks and dancing - and brie and strawberries - at the Waterloo Inn unti l 1:30am. I have to admit that I am really quite impressed with the ASU - they did a great job. Over 100 people came out, the atmosphere was perfect, both Dean Kerton and Professor Ken Westhues (sociology, 1st annual ASU professor award recipient) gave great addresses. They also had something they call "The Book" - a massive blank tome for Arts Grads to sign, soon to be our equivalent of the engineer's Tool or the mathies' Pink Tie. The ASU should be applauded for successfully starting so many new traditions.
Ah yes, that is traditions, plural. The Book, the Grad Ball - and the student society awards. Not only did I bring a date, but she won an award for being incredibly active in the Psychology Society. Not all the societies awarded their outstanding students, but enough did to start a good tradition for next year. Go ASU, go!
Ah yes, I had a date. She looked stunning and we had some great conversations that night. Plus, she's a fantastic dancer.
----
Prior to the Grad Ball came the Imprint end-of-term staff lunch. Courtest of the Ali Baba '05 campaign, we ate at one fine dining establishment on King St. in Waterloo. I've never had a WHOLE calamari served a an appetizer before, but the food was all delicious. I'd rank Ali Baba's as my second favourite classy restaurant in town, finishing a distant second to Janet Lynn's Bistro a block away. Still, I don't shake a stick at feww scotch...
Most memorable, though, was the song by Jeff and Darren. I have to duck out to Bianca's party now, but I'll make sure to write more later. Usually I just want to let my satiated-ness allow for real proceedings, but I'm keeping this blog so that I'll remember everything that happened in, like, 10 years...
Last night's Arts Grad Ball contributed greatly to this. Drinks and dancing - and brie and strawberries - at the Waterloo Inn unti l 1:30am. I have to admit that I am really quite impressed with the ASU - they did a great job. Over 100 people came out, the atmosphere was perfect, both Dean Kerton and Professor Ken Westhues (sociology, 1st annual ASU professor award recipient) gave great addresses. They also had something they call "The Book" - a massive blank tome for Arts Grads to sign, soon to be our equivalent of the engineer's Tool or the mathies' Pink Tie. The ASU should be applauded for successfully starting so many new traditions.
Ah yes, that is traditions, plural. The Book, the Grad Ball - and the student society awards. Not only did I bring a date, but she won an award for being incredibly active in the Psychology Society. Not all the societies awarded their outstanding students, but enough did to start a good tradition for next year. Go ASU, go!
Ah yes, I had a date. She looked stunning and we had some great conversations that night. Plus, she's a fantastic dancer.
----
Prior to the Grad Ball came the Imprint end-of-term staff lunch. Courtest of the Ali Baba '05 campaign, we ate at one fine dining establishment on King St. in Waterloo. I've never had a WHOLE calamari served a an appetizer before, but the food was all delicious. I'd rank Ali Baba's as my second favourite classy restaurant in town, finishing a distant second to Janet Lynn's Bistro a block away. Still, I don't shake a stick at feww scotch...
Most memorable, though, was the song by Jeff and Darren. I have to duck out to Bianca's party now, but I'll make sure to write more later. Usually I just want to let my satiated-ness allow for real proceedings, but I'm keeping this blog so that I'll remember everything that happened in, like, 10 years...