Friday, April 15, 2005
An ode to my lappy, and a finals update
Oh my lappy
I am so happy
You have come back to me.
Oh my lappy
I am so happy
This song is so sappy
But now I have you on my knee.
YEAH! My lappy is back! Hooray for lappys everywhere!!!!
Aaaaaaaaaand....
... back to studying. My next final is my only legitimately hard one: personnel psychology, which ironically has involved neither personnel nor psychology (discuss amongst yourselves!)
Business Communication went OK last night. The class average is too high, so the teacher has been doing everything she can to cut the marks down. I may have a word with the English chair about that - I'm a big fan of people (students included) being given credit for the work that they do.
Can you imagine showing up for work and having your boss say, "Yeah, we've been paying too many people lately. Instead of cutting back on scheduled shifts, we're going to keep you all here doing the most work that you can ... but not pay you for all your work. Just 80-90% of it."
Not great for morale.
I am so happy
You have come back to me.
Oh my lappy
I am so happy
This song is so sappy
But now I have you on my knee.
YEAH! My lappy is back! Hooray for lappys everywhere!!!!
Aaaaaaaaaand....
... back to studying. My next final is my only legitimately hard one: personnel psychology, which ironically has involved neither personnel nor psychology (discuss amongst yourselves!)
Business Communication went OK last night. The class average is too high, so the teacher has been doing everything she can to cut the marks down. I may have a word with the English chair about that - I'm a big fan of people (students included) being given credit for the work that they do.
Can you imagine showing up for work and having your boss say, "Yeah, we've been paying too many people lately. Instead of cutting back on scheduled shifts, we're going to keep you all here doing the most work that you can ... but not pay you for all your work. Just 80-90% of it."
Not great for morale.