Friday, April 08, 2005

 

Innovate Start-Up "Camp"

Thanks to a special student rate, I'll be staying at in the Sweeney Residence at St. Jerome's University from April 25-28. It's part of the 2005 Innovate Start-Up camp, what I have been referring to as "entrepreneurship boot camp." Indeed, it is a tough program - 7:30am start time, and the conversations run until the wee hours of the evening. You stay overnight in the residence, and meals are provided.

The ratio of presenters to participants is about 1-to-1 right now (or so I have been told), with about 20 of each listed in attendance. It's going to be extremely educational, though I'm hoping that they have a better grasp on the camp then they do on the HTML on their site. :P

You're supposed to have a project that you want to develop as part of this camp. It's not required, but recommended. I do have a project, but I'm not going to talk about it here. If you know me, ask me about it and we can talk in person sometime.

On an aside, supposedly one of the people at Innovate who is running the camp used to babysit me when I was a kid. That should be interesting...

Comments:
Camp? Tee hee! You're an even bigger business geek than I thought! Good luck with your plans, I hope they play out lucratively for you.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?