Sunday, April 03, 2005
Bleeding Imprint...
When I went up for my Feds Leadership award, Becky Wroe noted that "it could almost be said that Andrew bleeds Imprint..."
To which some member of the audience wittily replied, "Let's test that theory!"
Alas, nobody rose to the challenge. Wroe also noted my involvement with the ASU, EWB "despite the fact that he's not even an engineer" and of course my involvement with OEA. At first I thought is strange that she should mention my joke involvement over some of my more 'real' volunteerism - Feds board, UW Human Resource Management Club founder, UWSP - but then she handed me a cheque and that was that.
The evening was a great one, despite the fact that the invite said banquet and banquet means dinner (seriously, look it up). So my guests, who had been brought on the assumption of dinner, were in for as much of a surprise as I was. One of my guests and I eventually just did go out for dinner afterwards, which was nice.
To which some member of the audience wittily replied, "Let's test that theory!"
Alas, nobody rose to the challenge. Wroe also noted my involvement with the ASU, EWB "despite the fact that he's not even an engineer" and of course my involvement with OEA. At first I thought is strange that she should mention my joke involvement over some of my more 'real' volunteerism - Feds board, UW Human Resource Management Club founder, UWSP - but then she handed me a cheque and that was that.
The evening was a great one, despite the fact that the invite said banquet and banquet means dinner (seriously, look it up). So my guests, who had been brought on the assumption of dinner, were in for as much of a surprise as I was. One of my guests and I eventually just did go out for dinner afterwards, which was nice.