Friday, March 25, 2005

 

Thoughts on a Good Friday

Many things happening...

Sitting around in the SLC yesterday, a friend approached me and said, "Hey, Andrew! I think I should let you know, there are a lot of people saying really mean things about you today. Why is everyone mad at you?"

"Well," says I, with a knowing grin but an inner sigh, "I think I have an idea..."

Indeed, it seems that I may be the tribute of a whole host of letters to the editor next week, some supporting and some refuting. There may be a factual incorrection that I have to address next week - I was supposedly misinformed on one point - but otherwise I do stand by my words. I have yet to hear any real arguments against my statements, though I welcome attempts.

Anyways, yoga classes are down to one-on-one sessions. No news yet on whether or not Elaine will receive a Distinguished Teaching Award. Apparently, the YES team has been disqualified from the WPIRG referendum. I have pineapple left in my fridge, so breakfast looks like it will be fun.

As a result of reactions to my column, I was having an interesting conversation recently on all the ways my name has been maligned over the years. I wonder if there is still time to do something about this.

Now, all I have to do is decide what to do with my Easter weekend. I may go to church later today. I'm actually kind of sorry that I missed Holy Thursday mass last night - that was always one of my favourites. The washing of the feet is one of my most-liked parts of the Christian gospels. Still, I had an obligation to teach yoga last night, at the same time as the mass. I am surprised that I still find it hard to explain, as I had to at one point yesterday, that "I celebrate my spirituality in different ways." My Christian roots, I have learned, run deeper within me than I once imagined - often for the better.

Comments:
Disqualified? Wow.

I mean...

Wow.

I heard they were up to some shennanigans but I didn't think they'd actually get disqualified.

I wonder how it'll affect the results of the referendum. Hmmm...
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?