Sunday, March 06, 2005
Of things big and small
Well, well, well. Who knew that Imprint could draw 27 people to a social event? Much like the fall term's staff lunch, last night's Barleyworks trip was one crowded event. We're getting too big for ourselves - perhaps the next term's administration will have to focus on accommodating growth more than anything else?
Seating foibles aside, it was a great night. I didn't bother trying to network with everyone, but I did a few good games of NTN in. Top score in the bar for my first two games! Actually, Imprint dominated the bar for most of the night - the top three were usually us students. Lauren Fox, Margie, Ian, Sarah A and her friend, Tim M, and more - we all had some fun. Even Dan Micak got in to win a round, and Simon gave me some help near the end of the night. We should have an NTN night, proper, sometime. Bianca, Lauren, Simon, Tex, Dan - this means you! Also the Sarah/Ian team, you guys did well!
Cheers also to Meagan Dilworth for coming out and getting nicely toasted with us. Nothing like the Womyn's Centre co-ordinator and Imprint staff sitting down to let bygones be bygones.
Another shout goes out to those who came to Fat Tuesday at Andrew's house - especially those who brought extra food and beer: David, Sabrina and Sonya - I hope you all had fun. Family Guy, Crown Royal and plenty of conversation - only in my diverse social scene will we talk about development problems in Haiti, potentially founding a second UW campus newspaper and how people find my siblings attractive all in one night.
And now I'm on my fast. For those of you who read this - and I'm learning that there are more of you than I think - you're welcome to follow along at andrewsfast here on Blogger. Why you would want to, I don't know, but then why do people read each other's blogs in the first place? Is it becuase we can't as easily fulfill our secret desires of looking in each other's underwear drawers?
Seating foibles aside, it was a great night. I didn't bother trying to network with everyone, but I did a few good games of NTN in. Top score in the bar for my first two games! Actually, Imprint dominated the bar for most of the night - the top three were usually us students. Lauren Fox, Margie, Ian, Sarah A and her friend, Tim M, and more - we all had some fun. Even Dan Micak got in to win a round, and Simon gave me some help near the end of the night. We should have an NTN night, proper, sometime. Bianca, Lauren, Simon, Tex, Dan - this means you! Also the Sarah/Ian team, you guys did well!
Cheers also to Meagan Dilworth for coming out and getting nicely toasted with us. Nothing like the Womyn's Centre co-ordinator and Imprint staff sitting down to let bygones be bygones.
Another shout goes out to those who came to Fat Tuesday at Andrew's house - especially those who brought extra food and beer: David, Sabrina and Sonya - I hope you all had fun. Family Guy, Crown Royal and plenty of conversation - only in my diverse social scene will we talk about development problems in Haiti, potentially founding a second UW campus newspaper and how people find my siblings attractive all in one night.
And now I'm on my fast. For those of you who read this - and I'm learning that there are more of you than I think - you're welcome to follow along at andrewsfast here on Blogger. Why you would want to, I don't know, but then why do people read each other's blogs in the first place? Is it becuase we can't as easily fulfill our secret desires of looking in each other's underwear drawers?
Comments:
<< Home
I happen to have some very excellent chocolate cheesecake looking for a hungry fellow, or it that doesn't satisfy, how about some carrots?
Heidi's mom
Post a Comment
Heidi's mom
<< Home

