Saturday, March 05, 2005
The Jewish invasion
Having dinner with a friend last night at my place, it came up in conversation that she is Jewish. I didn't know this about her, and for whatever reason it became a subject of discussion over dinner.
Then, unexpectedly, nearly every person I know who is Jewish in Waterloo came by to my house. (No, I'm not naming names.) Apparently they had been let out from a Shabbat dinner at the JSA house around the corner, and decided that my place was close and convenient. A boisterous invasion, but a welcome one. They proceeded to rent the Hebrew Hammer which I highly recommend to anyone who wants a bit of laughter in their life. It's a Jewish spin-off of Shaft (the 2000 version, I believe) but it is absolutely hilarious. If you've seen neither, watch Shaft first and then Hammer - you'll be in for a great time.
It was a great night. I was going to attempt to reclaim my house a bit more - now that I actually have the spare time to be living in it - and this was a great move towards that point. If you're reading this, you're welcome to come by for dinner tonight around 6:30 - just ring the doorbell downstairs. I've got food to get rid of before my fast.
Then, unexpectedly, nearly every person I know who is Jewish in Waterloo came by to my house. (No, I'm not naming names.) Apparently they had been let out from a Shabbat dinner at the JSA house around the corner, and decided that my place was close and convenient. A boisterous invasion, but a welcome one. They proceeded to rent the Hebrew Hammer which I highly recommend to anyone who wants a bit of laughter in their life. It's a Jewish spin-off of Shaft (the 2000 version, I believe) but it is absolutely hilarious. If you've seen neither, watch Shaft first and then Hammer - you'll be in for a great time.
It was a great night. I was going to attempt to reclaim my house a bit more - now that I actually have the spare time to be living in it - and this was a great move towards that point. If you're reading this, you're welcome to come by for dinner tonight around 6:30 - just ring the doorbell downstairs. I've got food to get rid of before my fast.