Thursday, March 03, 2005

 

EWB day, nominations and yoga stories

Many things happening. In reverse order...

This Friday's Professional Student will feature the headline "Report cards, icebergs and believing your own propaganda." The quirky headline betrays the work - it's actually one of the more thorough pieces that I've written, I think. I'm quite proud of it.

Somehow I manage to tie the Globe and Mail's recent university report card, UW's notional tuition increases, CECS and the Titanic disaster all into one tidy little package. Stay tuned!
---
Tomorrow is the international Engineers Without Borders Day. They started the tradition a few years ago, apparently, which will be continued at UW this year with the chance to whack a guy wearing a sumo suit with a foam bat. They guy in the sumo suit - our lovable Chow - will be wearing a sign that says "world hunger." So, for a few bucks, you can take a whack at world hunger! Now, that's knee-slapping funny! Be in the SLC tomorrow!
---
I'm hunting around for five graduating Artsies to sign a nomination form for my Valedictorian bid. Apparently, today (March 3) is the deadline, and they only have one application so far! If you know any graduating Artsies, please send them my way ASAP!

I should be OK getting my foot into that door - an open letter of reference from Dean Kerton sure won't hurt. Still, there is a pretty tough speech component - judged by a Speech Writing teacher - that will take place. It's called a 'talk off' and will take place on March 17 in AL 124. (I picture a Zoolander-style 'walk-off.' I hope David Bowie shows up to judge.) Anyways, I'd like to have a cheering section, so if you can, let me know if you'd care to come out and support me!
---
At midnight tonight, there was already an 18-person line-up outside of the Feds office, waiting for tomorrow's 9am release of 200 tickets for the second Russell Peters show. They are fully equipped with couches, food and a few poker sets, waiting to spend the entire night in anticipation. Apparently the person first in line was there at 7pm! I haven't seen that sort of nocturnal dedication since Orientation Week.
---
And, tonight I taught yoga for "East C" in REV - my friend being a don on that floor. It was pretty good, but a few factors - mostly beginners, poor choice of music, many interruptions - caused it to be in my opinion one of the worst classes I've taught yet. Still, I had a great time, and I was told that it was one of the best classes that my friend had ever taken, which is the nicest thing that I've been told this week.

OK, that's enough for now. By no means is that all that's happening. Like me maybe going to entrepreneurship boot camp in April. Life is so full of stuff! Why!?!?!? Ah who cares, it's fun. Over-extenders anonymous tomorrow - Bomber at 4:00pm!

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?