Wednesday, March 30, 2005

 

And what a close...

My own little adventures here. Can anyone blame me, then, if I like school so much?

Yesterday, Matt Austin dropped by the Imprint office, handed me a box and said "Here you go, enjoy." The box smelled rather odd. My initial response was "This had better not be Brandon Sweet's head..."

Opening the box I discovered a LIVE lobster, on ice, with a pretty red ribbon tied around it. Apparently Mr. Austin had used the lobster for a presentation he ded earlier in the day, but would not have time to cook it that night.

Now, I had night class, so I also had to decline the offer of lobster. There were no takers among Imprinters for "Pinchie" (as we came to call him), until our own news editor Bianca came along. She agreed to whip it up into a bisque (an idea later scrapped in preference for a chowder) and have a few people over to enjoy the meal.

Meanwhile...

Not one but two of the Access Van's workers needed shifts covered all of a sudden that night. Long story short, I took the shifts and hence was getting paid.

Meanwhile...

Driving home one of the OPD's clients, I learned that my Thursday am psych class had been cancelled. My Monday and Tuesday night classes for the coming week had also previously been cancelled. The Thursday am class was then going to be my last class, ever. Its cancellation meant that last night's Business Ethics class was suddenly my *LAST CLASS EVER.*

And in that class, I got me a date to the Arts Grad Ball, but that's a story for another time.

The class was a final exam review, so it ended quite early. Just in time, in fact, for me to make it to Bianca's for lobster. Since I was still on the OPD payroll - the shift needed to be covered until 10:30m - I was getting paid to enjoy some really yummy food.

Yes indeed, what a better way to celebrate the end of my undergraduate career than to get paid to eat fresh lobster. Life does work in mysterious ways.

----

Also: added to my list of celebrations for the week has been some free food courtesy of EWB on Thursday night at the Bomber; one last OEA meeting on Friday afternoon between the Imprint staff lunch and the Arts Grad Ball; the Arts Grad Ball ....

Also, an earlier conversation meant that I might have quite easily found myself a place to live this summer. Tom Levesque, Christine Loureiro and Megan Elston will all be living in this house - I just may take it! It's about time that I lived with people I know...

Now, off to finish one last little paper, attend my last tutorial and then PARTY UNTIL THE COWS COME HOME. And by party until the cows come home, I mean get paid to drive the access van tonight and concurrently do yoga with some friends. Who says I haven't changed in the last few years?

Comments:
You forgot our little trivia oputing, Mr. Andrewson!
 
Go lobster

Go no more classes

Go our house

Go leadership awards.... :)
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?