Thursday, February 03, 2005

 

A long overdue coffee

I've been chasing UW professor Geoff Malleck for some months now, as he promised me a coffee way back at the Impact conference. I was in his entrepreneurship class - it was one of my top marks - and I was rather impressed by a lot of it.

I finally caught up with him today, for a quick hour of his time. He's been quite a busy man since he's become the Associate Director of UW's Centre for Business, Entrepreneurship and Technology (CBET). Well, that's not really true - I'm sure he's been quite a busy man for much longer than that, as he's taught at various universities for some time now.

He has some interesting ideas - guiding student-related business clubs at UW into greater cooperation, for instance, a move which I wholeheartedly support. Interesting to hear more about the plans for better tech transfer at UW. I also got a good bit of the life story - he touches on that in his class - as he's taken a very interesting path to get where he is now.

And yes, mom and dad, I did hit him up for a job when I was there. I'm not holding my breath, but I would really enjoy something with CBET. He also mentioned that he'd pass my name onto somebody in UW's marketing department, which would be interesting considering my background.

In other notes, there seems to be a Feds election going on...

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?