Monday, February 14, 2005
AGM on Thursday and our treasurer is DOWN!
Imprint treasurer Neal Moogk-Soulis fell in the middle of an icefield today, breaking his leg. If you know him, please wish him well - it was quite a gruesome encounter, from the sounds of it. neal_ca ++at++ hotmail ++ dot ++ com
Here it is, in Neal's words (excuse the choppiness - it was relayed over MSN):
"... I was skipping along (well picking my way along) the path beside Columbia Lake and then 'whoop!' I did a fancy plie with nice 'crack.' I rolled around on the ground feeling sorry for myself then realized that no one was going to pass by for at least another hour or two, since I was going in early to leave early for the [Imprint] Board Meeting at 4:00[pm].
"... I figured that I had better haul myself somewhere with traffic (I was beside the fire pit and pumping station, where they have the slide on Canada Day). So I crawled/dragged myself towards Brubaker house, across the west, broken up field, and up the sliding hill before collapsing. Then, luckily one of the people living in Brubaker House was leaving for work so I called her over... the she and her husband hauled me to Brubaker House.
"... the ambulance couldn't find the place ... the UW cops never showed up (despite the on campus 911 call)... then the ambulance got stuck in the ice of the House parking lot because no one plows it (it's not technically a city street that was transferred over and UW doesn't bother salting it)."
About the injury:
"There is little pain and it is a clean break (luckily). Right now it just feels like someone gave me a kick in the shins. The crutches don't help of course."
Get well soon, Neal!
Here it is, in Neal's words (excuse the choppiness - it was relayed over MSN):
"... I was skipping along (well picking my way along) the path beside Columbia Lake and then 'whoop!' I did a fancy plie with nice 'crack.' I rolled around on the ground feeling sorry for myself then realized that no one was going to pass by for at least another hour or two, since I was going in early to leave early for the [Imprint] Board Meeting at 4:00[pm].
"... I figured that I had better haul myself somewhere with traffic (I was beside the fire pit and pumping station, where they have the slide on Canada Day). So I crawled/dragged myself towards Brubaker house, across the west, broken up field, and up the sliding hill before collapsing. Then, luckily one of the people living in Brubaker House was leaving for work so I called her over... the she and her husband hauled me to Brubaker House.
"... the ambulance couldn't find the place ... the UW cops never showed up (despite the on campus 911 call)... then the ambulance got stuck in the ice of the House parking lot because no one plows it (it's not technically a city street that was transferred over and UW doesn't bother salting it)."
About the injury:
"There is little pain and it is a clean break (luckily). Right now it just feels like someone gave me a kick in the shins. The crutches don't help of course."
Get well soon, Neal!
