Tuesday, January 25, 2005

 

Word Warrior

Well, my girlfriend did a bunch of self-administered tests on the Internet recently, including an IQ test. She apparently has an IQ of 136 - she's a Visionary Philosopher or some such.

So, lemming that I am, I also had to try. Here's what I got:

"Congratulations, Andrew!
Your IQ score is 138

Your Intellectual Type is Word Warrior. This means you have exceptional verbal skills. You can easily make sense of complex issues and take an unusually creative approach to solving problems. Your strengths also make you a visionary. Even without trying you're able to come up with lots of new and creative ideas. And that's just a small part of what we know about you from your test results."

This is interesting, because it brings me full circle to when my little brother wrote his SAT's before entering university. He got a 1520 (that's out of 1600 - he's Harvard quality). That little braniac is why I entered school in the first place, as a response to the challenge of his accomplishment. In retrospect, I don't think I'd do it all again. Musings on that point sure to follow.

Comments:
Just had to rub it in, didn't you??? I can't believe that you're the Word Warrior and I'm the Visionary Philosopher... I think that our titles got mixed up.
 
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
 
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
 
Rub what in? I was merely pointing out that I am dating an intellectual equal. Perhaps the two IQ-point span is what allows me to see that difference.

*wink*
 
I'm sure being the psych grad that you are, you realize the bogusness of these tests. They're just not thorough enough to truly determine your real IQ.
 
Bogus? Why, these tests are scientifically sound or my name isn't Sherman Peabody!

(please don't tell my secret)
 
philipdilts your IQ score is 72

Your Intellectual Type is Inventive Inquisitor. You have the unusual distinction of being equally good at math and verbal skills.

Doggone it, I could have sworn that hand is to boxing glove as bare foot is to man waving a little american flag.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?