Thursday, January 13, 2005
Ombudsman troubles
I finally got in touch with the Ombudsman of Ontario today - or, a representative of the office at least. I'm going to make a very long and Andrew-yelling story very short here. They spent considerable time telling me that my complaint could not be handled ... because it wouldn't be considered to be valid ... because I had nothing in writing. Aargh. Get all important decisions and events in writing, they say. At least five minutes of this long and only partially helpful conversation are dedicated to that point.
Naturally, then, before the call ends I ask one last question. Can I get this all in writing?
Ah, they say. You're a smart one. You've been paying attention.
But no. You can't get this in writing.
Funny how the microcosm of this forehead-slapping ignorance is repeated in the macrocosm.
Naturally, then, before the call ends I ask one last question. Can I get this all in writing?
Ah, they say. You're a smart one. You've been paying attention.
But no. You can't get this in writing.
Funny how the microcosm of this forehead-slapping ignorance is repeated in the macrocosm.
Comments:
<< Home
For similar reasons on a smaller scale (getting screwed over by Rogers), I now record all professional phone calls. Is it legal? It is if you tell them. I figure even if I don't tell them, I'd rather break that law than get fucked up the ass.
Post a Comment
<< Home
