Wednesday, January 05, 2005

 

A new season begins

It's only been two days, but it feels like it's been a lifetime.

Monday saw the seven hour UW Engineers Without Borders retreat at my house, where a dozen young student leaders got together for a crazy day of executive changeover and term planning. On the lighter side, I got to make breakfast (eggs and bagels) for everyone in my own small kitchen with the help of the ubiquitous Adam Kaufman. I love that man. On the heavier side, they planned out the entire term's events all in one sitting. Still, it should be a fun semester - BC in two weeks, baby!

The rest of the night saw a trip to Morty's so that my girlfriend could meet one of her neighbours ... in Nova Scotia.

Tuesday saw a return to the wonder that has become my post-secondary educational experience. I sincerely thought I had escaped it - made it to my 8:30am class in personnel selection on time, made it back off campus with little more than a nod to a friend and a brief "hello." Home for a nice nap by noon, I was!

The return to campus was much different. Fourth year management sciences (read: systems design) class. BOOORING. Unsuccesful game of phone tag to get last-minute signatures for the UW Human Resources Management Club (of which I am co-founder) to hurry its approval tomorrow. Perhaps planned an excursion to March's Conservative gathering in Montreal - same dates and city as the HRM competition. Seeing far too many people I need to talk to during the Feds Clubs meeting - Cognitive Science, Carribean Students, WIPAC, EAUW, not to mention Mr John Andersen. Planning the next two weeks for the Entrepreneurs' Association, including clubs days and a talk by OpenText CEO Tom Jenkins. Off to Imprint to make an ad for the EIC hiring committee, which I will chair. Returning to Bomber to watch Canada trounce Russia in the World Junior Hockey Championships. Return to Imprint to not get my column finished.

One of my New Year's resolutions (made this evening) is to get to bed by midnight each night. No, not kidding. It's one am now, but I am trying to get to it...

Comments:
Monday saw...
The rest of the night saw...
Tuesday saw...

Three paragraphs in a row! You're lucky I don't have my proofreading pen handy!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?